APA publishes a variety of informational pamphlets and brochures to highlight important issues in mental and behavioral health.
Featured Brochure Topics
- Answers to Your Questions For a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality
This pamphlet is designed to provide accurate information for those who want to better understand sexual orientation and the impact of prejudice and discrimination on those who identify as lesbian, gay or bisexual. Available in Spanish, English and Russian.
- Just the Facts about Sexual Orientation and Youth: A Primer for Principals, Educators and School Personnel
Just the Facts provides information and resources for principals, educators and school personnel who confront sensitive issues involving gay, lesbian and bisexual students.
- Answers to Your Questions About Transgender People, Gender Identity and Gender Expression
Transgender is an umbrella term used to describe people whose gender identity (sense of themselves as male or female) or gender expression differs from that usually associated with their birth sex.
- Controlling anger before it controls you
Anger is a normal, usually healthy emotion we all experience. But when anger gets out of hand, it can cause problems at home and at work. There are ways you can get control of your anger, instead of letting it control you.
- How to recognize and deal with anger
Anger is a negative feeling state that is typically associated with hostile thoughts, physiological arousal and maladaptive behaviors.
- Strategies for controlling your anger
Everybody gets angry, but these tips can help you prevent out-of-control rage from playing havoc with your body and affecting those around you.