A quarterly publication of the Office of Ethnic Minority Affairs (OEMA)
- Public Interest celebrated Asian Pacific American Heritage Month through the IamPsyched! series in May
The Public Interest Directorate collaborated with expert panelists Alice Chang, PhD, Kerry Kawakami, PhD, Geeta Rao Gupta, PhD, and Congresswoman Judy Chu, PhD.
By Bria Monrose
- Exploring differences in pass rates on the Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology
Noelita Bowman, PhD, and Eddy Ameen, PhD, worked with the second Task Force of the Commission on Ethnic Minority Recruitment, Retention and Training to discuss pass rates, and race and ethnicity.
By Noelita Bowman and Eddy Ameen, PhD
- Important events and activities
Announcing the launch of the RESilience racial and ethnic socialization website, along with the new Div. 45 mentoring program.
- Calls for awards and nominations
Calls from the Committee on Ethnic Minority Affairs, the Council of National Psychological Associations for the Advancement of Ethnic Minority Interests and APA’s Commission on Ethnic Minority Recruitment, Retention and Training.
- Conferences and announcements
Cultural psychology conference listings and special recognition for our interns.