In This Issue
- Honoring children: Treating trauma and adverse childhood experiences in American Indian and Alaska Native communities
Culturally enhanced treatments for ACEs.
By Dolores Subia BigFoot, PhD, Katelyn Lamb, and Melody Delmar, BS
- Mitigating Adverse Experiences of Young Children who are Homeless
Information on outreach to homeless children and their families to reduce the risks from ACEs.
By Mary E. Haskett, PhD, Jennifer Tisdale, MSW, and Katherine C. Okoniewski, PhD
- Creating trauma-informed individualized education programs
Integration of ACEs into the development of IEPs for students through Grade 12.
By Eric Rossen, PhD
- The whole student: Understanding students through the intersections of their past and present contexts
Secondary students sharing their work to develop a trauma-informed university.
By Suzette Fromm Reed, PhD, and Claudia Pitts, PhD
- Federal policy update for fall 2018
An update from the APA Public Interest Government Relations Office.
By Ben Vonachen, MA