In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- Spend a year in Washington, DC, applying your expertise in psychology to public policy
The American Psychological Association invites applications for its 2019-2020 Policy Fellowships.
- Disability employment resources for job seekers, employees, practitioners and researchers
National Disability Employment Month: Disrupting employment inequities.
Did You Know?
- Depression is more than sadness
Depressing is the most common mental disorder. Good news, it’s treatable.
Government Relations Office
- APA Committee on Aging members advocate for Kevin and Avonte’s Law
Six APA Committee on Aging members paired with graduate psychology students to advocate for $2 million funding for S. 2070, Kevin and Avonte’s Law.
- APA supports the Pregnant Women in Custody Act
A bill protecting pregnant prisoners from shameful conditions.
- President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
AIDS eradication bill introduced in Congress.