In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day — March 10
Raising awareness about how women and girls can protect themselves and their partners from HIV.
- APA takes action on palliative care and end-of-life issues
Information includes policy statements and resources for individuals with serious or life-limiting illness and their care partners.
- Exploring Careers in Aging
The roadmaps – one for undergraduate and one for graduate students – provide guidance in thinking about potential research, practice and academic careers in aging.
- APA’s Office on Socioeconomic Status (OSES): Call for contributions (PDF, 2.1MB)
OSES invites contributions to the update of the “Report of the Task Force on Resources for the Inclusion of Social Class in Psychology Curricula” with the most current information and resources.
Did You Know?
- March is National Nutrition Month
Good nutrition and plenty of exercise are the building blocks for strong growth, healthy development and lifelong well-being for children.
Public Relations Office
- APA endorses sexual orientation and gender identity data collection bill
New bill would mandate lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender inclusion in federal surveys.
- APA opposes work requirements
APA sent a letter to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, arguing against work requirements for Medicaid beneficiaries.
- Congressional briefing explores men’s mental health
APA member promotes behavioral health.