The Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing
Developed jointly by:
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME)
The “Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing” were approved as APA policy by the APA Council of Representatives in August 2013. The 2014 edition of the "Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing" is now available. The Testing Standards are a product of the American Educational Research Association, the American Psychological Association and the National Council on Measurement in Education. Published collaboratively by the three organizations since 1966, it represents the gold standard in guidance on testing in the United States and in many other countries.
How to Order Your Copy of the Standards
List Price: $69.95
(AERA, APA or NCME members pay only $49.95.)
Order online. APA members should use coupon code APA14ST for discount.
Direct other orders to:
AERA Publications Sales
1430 K Street, NW, Suite 1200
Washington, DC 20005
Phone: (202) 238-3200
Fax: (202) 238-3250
Overview of Organization and Content
Part I: Foundations
- Reliability/precision and errors of measurement.
- Fairness in testing.
Part II: Operations
- Test design and development.
- Scores, scales, norms, score linking and cut scores.
- Test administration, scoring, reporting and interpretation.
- Supporting documentation for tests.
- The rights and responsibilities of test takers.
- The rights and responsibilities of test users.
Part III: Testing Applications
- Psychological testing and assessment.
- Workplace testing and credentialing.
- Educational testing and assessment.
- Uses of tests for program evaluation, policy studies and accountability.