Testing and Assessment
APA responds to a large number of testing questions each day, ranging from "What guidelines or standards govern testing and assessment?" to "What is APA's stand or viewpoint on a particular testing issue?"
To obtain information about purchasing a copy of the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing (2014), visit the Standards webpage.
To learn about the kinds of activities in which APA is involved in order to facilitate appropriate test use, visit the Testing Governance in APA webpage.
APA's Testing Office does not maintain, sell or endorse any tests. However, we do try to assist the public by directing people to the available resources to help them find what they need. In addition to the material provided on this site, additional testing-related resources are available through the page of links to other testing-related sites.
Currenly under revision: Test Disclosure Statement (PDF, 142 KB)
Currently under revision: Statement on Third Party Observers in Psychological Testing and Assessment: A Framework for Decision Making (PDF, 140 KB)
The Report of the Task Force on Test User Qualifications (PDF, 418 KB)
Still can't find what you're looking for? Contact the Testing Office of the APA Science Directorate at (202) 336-6000 or via email.
- Task Force for Increasing the Number of Quantitative Psychologists
- The Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing
- Testing Governance in APA
- About the Joint Committee on Testing Practices
- Appropriate Use of High-Stakes Testing in Our Nation's Schools
- Links to Other Testing-Related Sites
- FAQ: Finding Information About Psychological Tests
- Testing Information Clearinghouse
- Rights and Responsibilities of Test Takers: Guidelines and Expectations