Technology, Mind and Society — A conference sponsored by APA
- Basic research: How humans understand and use technology, impacts of technology on human experience and behavior, human-technology interactions as mutually adaptive systems, role of technology in advancing other areas of scientific research and related topics.
- Foundations of technology design: Development of technologies informed by psychological, behavioral and social science research.
- Applications: Development, use and impact of specific technologies in domains such as aging, education, mental and physical health, recreation and the workplace.
- Broader implications: Ethical and policy questions concerning the opportunities and challenges arising from human-technology interactions.
Keynote speakers will include:
Technology, Mind and Society Steering Committee
- Tara Behrend, associate professor, department of organizational sciences and communication, George Washington University.
- Jonathan Gratch, research professor of computer science and psychology, director for virtual human research at the Institute for Creative Technologies, University of South California.
- Jeff Krichmar, professor, department of cognitive sciences and department of computer science, University of California-Irvine.
- H. Chad Lane, associate professor, department of educational psychology, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Bertram Malle, professor, department of cognitive, linguistics and psychological sciences, Brown University.
- Robert Proctor, distinguished professor, department of psychological sciences, Purdue University.
- Diana Tamir, assistant professor, department of psychology, Princeton University.
For Sponsor and Exhibit information, contact Lane Wollerton via email or by phone at (202) 572-3036.
PSA is the monthly e-newsletter of the APA Science Directorate. It is read by psychologists, students, academic administrators, journalists and policymakers in Congress and federal science agencies.
Get More Information
Technology, Mind and Society
April 5-7, 2018