- Renew your 2017 APA membership today
Don’t wait — your current membership expires at the end of the year. Renew your membership now and access even more valuable benefits, resources and services designed to support you at all stages of your career.
- APA receives grant to train psychologists in integrative care
Funds will lead to more psychologists prepared to work in primary care settings.
- APA survey finds 1 in 4 employees negatively affected by political talk at work this election season
Younger workers in particular experiencing diminished productivity, more stress.
- Travel to Cuba with APA in 2017
Participants will attend health psychology conference in Havana.
- APA’s mental health priorities for presidential transition teams
Association's key priorities for mental and behavioral health include prevention/early intervention, health care delivery, workforce development and research.
From APA Publishing
- What to Do When You Feel Too Shy
This interactive self-help book is the complete resource for educating, motivating, and empowering children to overcome social anxiety.
- Trauma, Meaning, and Spirituality
This book helps mental health practitioners understand the important relationship between trauma and spirituality and how to best help survivors create meaning out of their experiences.
- Innovative Investigations of Language in Autism Spectrum Disorder
This book addresses two broad questions: Is the variability of language development and use in children with autism spectrum disorder a function of the language or the individual?
- Clinical Errors
Special issue of the APA journal Psychotherapy, Vol. 53, No. 3, September 2016. Includes articles about errors rooted in clinical and supervision processes; group psychotherapy; specific treatments; diagnosing specific disorders; and improving clinical work through routine outcome monitoring.
Call for Nominations and Applications
- Apply to attend the 2017 APA Summit for High School Psychology Education
A weeklong summit on the teaching of high school psychology.
APA member Matthew Clark, PhD, in
Trying to Break Unhealthy Habits? There's a Coach for That
— The Wall Street Journal
“Many people can implement positive lifestyle changes, but maintaining change over time is extremely difficult.”
Speaking of Psychology
PsycCareers Jobs of the Month
Lepage Associates Psychological & Psychiatric Services
Durham, North Carolina
Assistant Professor of Clinical/Counseling Psychology