Call for Papers: Psychotherapy
Submission Deadline: February 25, 2018
Canadian Psychology invites the submission of manuscripts for a special issue on psychotherapy.
Examples of topics include, but are not limited to:
- Value and benefits of psychotherapy (efficacy, effectiveness, cost-benefit, etc.)
- Potential harm of psychotherapy
- Access to psychotherapy
- Evidence based practice, best practices, and psychotherapy
- Factors that explain the effects of psychotherapy (therapist factors, common factors, therapist techniques, etc.)
- Psychotherapy and the training and/or professional identity of psychologists
- Psychotherapy with specific populations (e.g., youth, LBGTQ, immigrants, indigenous people, elderly populations, etc.)
- Innovation in psychotherapy: new techniques, new tools, new technologies (e.g., virtual reality, mobile apps, etc.)
- Guidelines for the practice of psychotherapy
- Psychotherapy and stepped care
- Informed consent and ethics in psychotherapy
We encourage submissions from a range of disciplines within psychology.
These submissions can be:
- Review and scoping papers (e.g., a review on the effects of a psychotherapy; preference will be given to systematic reviews)
- Surveys of Canadian psychologists (e.g., theoretical models used, techniques used, etc.)
- Descriptions of innovative models, methods, or approaches in therapy, with a presentation of the research to support these practices
- Original studies that are of potential interest to many Canadian psychologists and
- Commentaries that address challenges related to the practice of psychotherapy
We will accept articles of no more than 30 pages, including references (systematic reviews may have up to 35 pages or more if needed).
All submissions will undergo peer-review.
Manuscripts can be submitted via our online portal. Authors must indicate clearly that their submission should be considered for this special issue.
The deadline for submissions is February 25, 2018.
Papers can be submitted in French or in English. Les articles peuvent etre soumis en francais ou en anglais.
For questions or further information please contact the Editor, Dr. Martin Drapeau.