Webinar Training for Librarians
Webinar Training for Librarians
Thirty-minute overviews of PsycTESTS® and PsycTHERAPY® are scheduled by request. Our training specialists are also glad to create a customized session to meet your needs. Contact us to learn more and set up a session.
All times are Eastern Time.
Behind the Scenes of PsycINFO: Coverage and Indexing
|Behind the Scenes of PsycINFO on All Platforms||Wednesday, April 12, 2017||3–4 p.m.|
The session reviews the structure of APA Database records, covering the elements of the bibliographic citation, controlled vocabulary and indexing. Also reviews value-added fields, such as classification codes and tests and measures. Sample searches will demonstrate these fields, as well as the online thesaurus and keyword searching.
- Understand PsycINFO content and structure
- Become familiar with PsycINFO record structure and indexing practices
- Use field values and limits effectively for bibliographic instruction
- Keep on top of platform updates and search techniques
- Develop shortcuts for use in instructional material
Beyond Subject Searching in PsycINFO
|Beyond Subject Searching: ProQuest||Thursday, April 20, 2017||2–3 p.m.|
|Beyond Subject Searching: Ovid||Tuesday, April 25, 2017||3–4 p.m.|
Need some new tricks to tuck up your sleeve? In this session, which builds upon Behind the Scenes of PsycINFO, we'll cover some ways that you can use this database for more than just locating articles.
For example, have you ever used PsycINFO to identify the types of research being done at a particular institution, or find journals in which to publish new work?
We'll also provide a review of searching for information on tests and measures and will highlight our Record Structure and Field Guide — tools that can help you become your library's PsycINFO expert.
Taking our Behind the Scenes of PsycINFO webinar first is not required, but this session does assume that you are familiar with the platform you use to access PsycINFO and with the basics of searching the database.
For a refresher on topics such as the PsycINFO thesaurus and most-used fields and limits, you'll want to start with our Behind the Scenes of PsycINFO session.
- Understand how to use field values to identify co-authors and collaborators
- Know how to find out what types of research are being done at particular institutions
- Identify ways to locate tests and measures in PsycINFO
These sessions are ideal for subject specialists, reference librarians, and instructors who provide support for behavioral sciences students and faculty.
Please invite any members of your library staff or faculty who are interested in gaining in-depth information about PsycINFO content and structure, as well as how to build efficient search strategies to obtain scholarly literature and enhance their research process.
We also offer additional training sessions tailored to students and faculty.
Additional Webinar Training
Would you and your colleagues like a refresher on the APA databases you subscribe to? Are you currently trialing an APA electronic product? Do you want to attend one of our regular sessions, but need a different date and time? Please let us know! Our training specialists can work with you to develop and schedule a webinar to meet your needs.
We also offer special thirty-minute introductions to PsycTESTS and PsycTHERAPY, scheduled on-demand:
- PsycTESTS: This overview will show you how the database is constructed, take a look at its unique fields and limits, and demonstrate search techniques.
- PsycTHERAPY: In this session, we'll introduce the database and explore its features. Most of the time will be spent in a live demonstration that will include how to create and use clips and playlists.
Please contact us to learn more about scheduling a custom webinar. Let us know what databases or electronic products you'd like training on (or which of our regular sessions you'd like to schedule) and how you access them.
We offer training on all four of the major vendor platforms: APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, ProQuest and OvidSP.
Please email any questions or comments to PsycINFO Webinars with "Webinar Training" in the subject line.
Training & Technical Support
Access & Subscription Options
Databases & Electronic Products
- APA Style CENTRAL®
The Institutional Electronic Resource for APA Style
Abstracts & Index Records
Full-Text Journal Articles
Full-Text Books & Chapters
Conference Materials, Newsletters, Fact Sheets, & More
Book & Film Reviews
Psychological Tests & Measures
Streaming Psychotherapy Demonstration Videos
- APA Books® E-Collections
Select Full-Text Books
- APA Handbooks in Psychology®
Reference Book Resources
- APA Video Introduction to Psychotherapy Systems
Streaming Video Guide to Psychotherapy Approaches
- APA Clinical Training Video Series
Streaming Video of Psychotherapy Experts in Action