Observe the practice of psychotherapy in action
A continually expanding database of streaming psychotherapy videos, PsycTHERAPY provides a gateway for students, educators, and practitioners to witness first-hand, proven approaches and common obstacles faced during therapy sessions.
As a dynamic teaching and learning tool, PsycTHERAPY provides a rich assortment of filmed interactions between well-known therapists and individuals, couples, and families.
Key benefits of PsycTHERAPY
- See first-hand, unscripted psychotherapy for hundreds of topics, including health and relationship problems, addiction, anxiety, and depression, among others
- Streaming video format allows users to observe psychotherapy techniques put into practice by master practitioners, including approaches such as emotion-focused therapy, cognitive behavior therapy, psychodynamic therapy, and many more
- Quickly find videos of relevance with professional indexing of terms and information about the participants, session content, and therapeutic approaches
- Synchronized and searchable transcripts make finding relevant videos and clips quick and easy
- Capture and share specific examples with other authorized users by creating video clips and playlists
Download a printable information sheet (PDF, 88KB) about PsycTHERAPY to learn more.
APA Members & Individuals
PsycTHERAPY is one of several APA research databases available through the following APA PsycNET® personal subscription options:
Visit the APA Members & Individuals page for more information on personal subscription options.
Librarians & Institutional Representatives
PsycTHERAPY is available for institutional site license directly from APA via the APA PsycNET® platform.
To start a free 30-day trial for your institution, or to receive additional information, complete this form to have a representative contact you.
|Database Type||Streaming video|
|Record Type||Therapy demonstration videos|
|Quantity of Records||431 videos|
|Update Frequency||Updated biannually|
|Record Format||Video and synchronized transcript|
The PsycTHERAPY® database is produced and copyrighted by the American Psychological Association (APA). All rights reserved.
Information current as of May 2016
Learn more about searching PsycTHERAPY. Take a look at our:
A variety of additional training materials and tools are available from our Search Help and Training Center.
Tips & Training
- APA Databases & Electronic Resources Blog – news about APA Databases, including announcements about training sessions
- Webinar Training – sessions for students and faculty, librarians and individual subscribers
- Video Tutorials – for APA Databases on APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, ProQuest and OvidSP
- Podcasts – audio summaries of research recently added to PsycEXTRA, PsycBOOKS and PsycCRITIQUES (also available from iTunes)
- Search Guides – platform-specific training materials, including Quick Reference Guides
- Topic Guides – tips for searching APA Databases for a particular topic area
- Classification Codes – categorizing database content by primary subject matter
- Field Guide – quick definitions of the fields in APA Databases
- Record Structures – in-depth information on the searchable fields in: