Discover the powerful interdisciplinary advantage of PsycINFO
Explore the full breadth of research in the behavioral and social sciences with confidence. Focused on the interdisciplinary aspects of the worldwide behavioral and social science research and literature, PsycINFO is unmatched as a resource for locating scholarly research findings in psychology and related fields across a host of academic disciplines — from the historical to the cutting edge.
Key benefits of PsycINFO
- A single, authoritative source for interdisciplinary research, PsycINFO unlocks vital behavioral and social science linkages to a vast array of fields of study
- Quickly locate trusted peer-reviewed research, with the help of professional indexing by APA experts
- Shorten the amount of time spent searching by easily identifying:
- Document types, such as journal articles, book chapters, book reviews, and editorials
- Specific research methodologies, such as clinical case reports, empirical studies and literature reviews
- Documents that have tests or assessment instruments appended
- Research from a specific grant or funding source
Download a printable information sheet (PDF, 81KB) about PsycINFO to learn more.
APA Members & Individuals
PsycINFO is one of several APA research databases available through the following APA PsycNET® personal subscription options:
Visit the APA Members & Individuals page for more information on personal subscription options.
Librarians & Institutional Representatives
PsycINFO is available for institutional site license directly from APA via the APA PsycNET® platform.
To start a free 30-day trial for your institution, or to receive additional information, please email Free Trials for Institutions or call 877-236-2941 or 202-336-5648
PsycINFO can also be licensed through the following trusted providers:
Access to PsycINFO content is also available through ProQuest Dialog.
|Record Type||Abstracts and index records|
|Number of Records||4,518,055|
|Update Frequency||Updated Twice Weekly|
|Coverage Dates||1597–present, with comprehensive coverage from the 1880s|
|Dissertation/Secondary Publications Coverage||
|Record Contents||Please refer to the Guide to the Fields in Our Database Records|
|Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms||
Sources include the following:
Records for the first five above differ from present records in the following ways:
PsycINFO continues to add historic content as it becomes available.
The PsycINFO® database is produced and copyrighted by the American Psychological Association (APA). All rights reserved.
Information current as of July 2018
Learn more about searching PsycINFO. Take a look at our:
- Video Tutorials for PsycINFO on APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, ProQuest, and OvidSP
- Webinar Training for Librarians
- Webinar Training for Students and Faculty
- Quick Reference Guides
- Topic Guides
- Record Structure (PDF, 879KB)
- Field Guide
A variety of additional training materials and tools are available from our Search Help and Training Center.
Tips & Training
- APA Databases & Electronic Resources Blog – news about APA Databases, including announcements about training sessions
- Webinar Training – sessions for students and faculty, librarians and individual subscribers
- Video Tutorials – for APA Databases on APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, ProQuest and OvidSP
- Podcasts – audio summaries of research recently added to PsycEXTRA, PsycBOOKS and PsycCRITIQUES (also available from iTunes)
- Search Guides – platform-specific training materials, including Quick Reference Guides
- Topic Guides – tips for searching APA Databases for a particular topic area
- Classification Codes – categorizing database content by primary subject matter
- Field Guide – quick definitions of the fields in APA Databases
- Record Structures – in-depth information on the searchable fields in: