Updated biweekly, PsycEXTRA proactively uncovers and presents new developments and research in psychology and the behavioral sciences.
Original cutting-edge, high-quality research and materials from prominent professional sources
Devoted to curating and indexing hard-to-find content from authoritative sources, PsycEXTRA® allows researchers to go beyond traditional peer-reviewed research materials. Discover the latest conference proceedings, newsletters, reports, patient-oriented factsheets and brochures, magazines, monographs, standards and guidelines, and more.
Key benefits of PsycEXTRA
- Supplements traditional peer-reviewed journals and professional books, making it a preferred source for more recent research than what is typically found in journals and books
- Includes hard-to-find materials, including new innovative reports and monographs, ground-breaking conference papers, and more
- Keeps researchers, students, and clinicians up-to-date on the latest developments by uncovering and indexing materials well before the research appears in other publishing outlets
- Discover the most current research findings from highly respected organizations, including:
- Leading academic and research institutes
- National, state, and regional psychological associations
- Federal and state agencies
- International organizations
- and more
Download a printable information sheet (PDF, 64KB) about PsycEXTRA to learn more.
APA Members & Individuals
PsycEXTRA is one of several APA research databases available through the following APA PsycNET® personal subscription options:
Visit the APA Members & Individuals page for more information on personal subscription options.
Librarians & Institutional Representatives
PsycEXTRA is available for institutional site license directly from APA via the APA PsycNET® platform.
To start a free 30-day trial for your institution, or to receive additional information, please email Free Trials for Institutions or call 877-236-2941 or 202-336-5648
PsycEXTRA can also be licensed through the following trusted providers:
|Database Type||Bibliographic and full text (over 70% full text)|
|Record Type||Bibliographic and full text records for psychological gray literature (various types of research and literature existing outside of peer review)|
|Content Types||Research reports, conference abstracts and presentations, newsletters, reports, magazines, brochure/fact sheets, oral history, standards/guidelines, and monographs|
|Content Owners||A summary list of content owners that groups content owners by organization type|
|Record Format||HTML and PDF (where available)|
|Notes||PsycEXTRA is a complement to PsycINFO® and there is no overlap of records|
The PsycEXTRA® database is produced and copyrighted by the American Psychological Association (APA). All rights reserved.
Learn more about searching PsycEXTRA. Take a look at our:
A variety of additional training materials and tools are available from our Search Help and Training Center.
Tips & Training
- APA Databases & Electronic Resources Blog – news about APA Databases, including announcements about training sessions
- Webinar Training – sessions for students and faculty, librarians and individual subscribers
- Video Tutorials – for APA Databases on APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, ProQuest and OvidSP
- Podcasts – audio summaries of research recently added to PsycEXTRA, PsycBOOKS and PsycCRITIQUES (also available from iTunes)
- Search Guides – platform-specific training materials, including Quick Reference Guides
- Topic Guides – tips for searching APA Databases for a particular topic area
- Classification Codes – categorizing database content by primary subject matter
- Field Guide – quick definitions of the fields in APA Databases
- Record Structures – in-depth information on the searchable fields in: