The most comprehensive electronic APA book collection — including two voted as Choice magazine outstanding academic titles
PsycBOOKS is an extensive collection of peer-reviewed books that provides students, researchers, and educators access to high-quality publications in psychology and related fields. PsycBOOKS includes the newest scholarly and professional books published by APA including reference works from the APA Handbooks in Psychology® Series that delve deep into specific subfields within psychology.
Key benefits of PsycBOOKS
- Get straight to the content needed with chapter-level viewing and downloading
- Stay current in the field through monthly updates that include new releases
- Access exclusive and essential reference books with the only electronic release of the APA/Oxford University Press Encyclopedia of Psychology, and the inclusion of the entire multi-volume reference book series APA Handbooks in Psychology
- Quickly locate hard-to-find and out-of-print books with an extensive backlist and classic titles dating back to the 1600s
Download a printable information sheet (PDF, 65KB) about PsycBOOKS to learn more.
APA Members & Individuals
PsycBOOKS is one of several APA research databases available through the following APA PsycNET® personal subscription options:
Visit the APA Members & Individuals page for more information on personal subscription options.
Librarians & Institutional Representatives
PsycBOOKS is available for institutional site license directly from APA via the APA PsycNET® platform.
To start a free 30-day trial for your institution, or to receive additional information, complete this form to have a representative contact you.
PsycBOOKS can also be licensed through the following trusted providers:
|Database Type||Full text|
|Record Type||Books and book chapters|
|Number of Records||
|Update Frequency||Updated Monthly|
|Record Format||Downloadable PDF|
|Exclusions||PsycBOOKS does not include APA Style products, Magination Press children's titles, APA LifeTools trade book titles, textbooks, encyclopedias, or other reference publications.|
The PsycBOOKS® database is produced and copyrighted by the American Psychological Association (APA). All rights reserved.
Information current as of May 2018
Learn more about searching PsycBOOKS. Take a look at our:
A variety of additional training materials and tools are available from our Search Help and Training Center.
Tips & Training
- APA Databases & Electronic Resources Blog – news about APA Databases, including announcements about training sessions
- Webinar Training – sessions for students and faculty, librarians and individual subscribers
- Video Tutorials – for APA Databases on APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, ProQuest and OvidSP
- Podcasts – audio summaries of research recently added to PsycEXTRA, PsycBOOKS and PsycCRITIQUES (also available from iTunes)
- Search Guides – platform-specific training materials, including Quick Reference Guides
- Topic Guides – tips for searching APA Databases for a particular topic area
- Classification Codes – categorizing database content by primary subject matter
- Field Guide – quick definitions of the fields in APA Databases
- Record Structures – in-depth information on the searchable fields in: