Leading scientific journal articles to inform meaningful research
Delve into the science of psychology and behavior with PsycARTICLES®, the database of full text peer-reviewed articles published by APA and affiliated journals.
With current journal coverage and historical content dating back more than a century, this esteemed collection provides access to the full spectrum of research in the field and is an indispensable resource for researchers, practitioners, students, and educators.
Key benefits of PsycARTICLES
- Explore a convenient, single collection of APA journals, which offers complete article coverage back to Volume 1, Issue 1 for most journals
- Weekly updates and Online First indexing guarantee rapid access to the latest high-quality research
- Articles are written by esteemed researchers from across psychology and the behavioral and social sciences, presenting the latest scholarship to shape and inform research
- Over a century of psychology coverage with articles from as early as 1894, chronicling the history and development of psychology research over time
Download a printable information sheet (PDF, 63KB) about PsycARTICLES to learn more.
APA Members & Individuals
PsycARTICLES is one of several APA research databases available through the following APA PsycNET® personal subscription options:
Visit the APA Members & Individuals page for more information on personal subscription options.
Librarians & Institutional Representatives
PsycARTICLES is available for institutional site license directly from APA via the APA PsycNET® platform.
To start a free 30-day trial for your institution, or to receive additional information, complete this form to have a representative contact you.
PsycARTICLES can also be licensed through the following trusted providers:
|Database Type||Full text|
|Record Type||Peer-reviewed journal articles|
|Number of Records||More than 206,445 full-text articles|
|Record Format||HTML and PDF (PDF only for historical content from 1894–1984)|
The PsycARTICLES® database is produced and copyrighted by the American Psychological Association (APA). All rights reserved.
Information current as of July 2018
Learn more about searching PsycARTICLES. Take a look at our:
A variety of additional training materials and tools are available from our Search Help and Training Center.
Tips & Training
- APA Databases & Electronic Resources Blog – news about APA Databases, including announcements about training sessions
- Webinar Training – sessions for students and faculty, librarians and individual subscribers
- Video Tutorials – for APA Databases on APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, ProQuest and OvidSP
- Podcasts – audio summaries of research recently added to PsycEXTRA, PsycBOOKS and PsycCRITIQUES (also available from iTunes)
- Search Guides – platform-specific training materials, including Quick Reference Guides
- Topic Guides – tips for searching APA Databases for a particular topic area
- Classification Codes – categorizing database content by primary subject matter
- Field Guide – quick definitions of the fields in APA Databases
- Record Structures – in-depth information on the searchable fields in: