APA Handbooks in Psychology®
The authoritative electronic reference book series detailing a wide variety of psychology sub-disciplines.
An in-depth reference series focused on the fundamentals of psychology
Providing a comprehensive overview and an in-depth study of specific subfields within psychology, each book in the multifaceted APA Handbooks in Psychology Series is an essential resource for any institutional collection.
This rapidly expanding reference series contains vital information and thoughtful analysis to satisfy all educational needs — from upper-level undergraduates and graduate students to practitioners and academics delving into the various disciplines and areas within the field.
Key benefits of APA Handbooks in Psychology
- Provides the essential knowledge that clinicians, students, and researchers require to grasp core and evolving subject matter and practice recommendations
- Expansive coverage of emerging and essential sub-disciplines of psychology, keeping users current and maintaining relevance
- Individual topic-specific compendiums offer complete analysis and a thorough study of a growing list of areas of psychology — presenting detailed and practical information with each chapter
- Each title is available separately or as part of the PsycBOOKS database providing flexibility for acquisition and delivery
Download a printable information sheet (PDF, 281KB) about APA Handbooks in Psychology to learn more.
APA Members & Individuals
The complete APA Handbooks in Psychology Series is available electronically as part of the PsycBOOKS database, which is one of several APA research databases available in the following APA PsycNET® personal subscription options:
Visit the APA Members & Individuals page for more information on personal subscription options.
Individual chapters from the Handbook Series are available for purchase electronically through PsycBOOKS Direct.
Library & Institutional Purchasing Options
- Electronic Only or Electronic + Print: Available exclusively through APA, with electronic access provided via the APA PsycNET platform; an annual service fee is applicable for access; contact the APA Licensing Department for more information and to order by calling 877-236-2941 or 202-336-5648 or email APA Quotes.
- Print Only: Available directly from APA by calling the Service Center at 800-374-2721 or 202-336-5510; also available through major distributors; shipping and handling charges will apply; sales tax is required for addresses within MD and DC.
- The complete APA Handbooks in Psychology Series is also available for license electronically as part of the PsycBOOKS database.
To start a free 30-day trial for your institution, or to receive additional information, complete this form to have a representative contact you.
More About APA Handbooks
- APA Handbooks in Psychology Information Sheet (PDF, 76KB)
Access & Subscription Options
Databases & Electronic Products
- APA Style CENTRAL®
The Institutional Electronic Resource for APA Style
Abstracts & Index Records
Full-Text Journal Articles
Full-Text Books & Chapters
Conference Materials, Newsletters, Fact Sheets, & More
Psychological Tests & Measures
Streaming Psychotherapy Demonstration Videos
- APA Books® E-Collections
Select Full-Text Books
- APA Handbooks in Psychology®
Reference Book Resources
- APA Video Introduction to Psychotherapy Systems
Streaming Video Guide to Psychotherapy Approaches
- APA Clinical Training Video Series
Streaming Video of Psychotherapy Experts in Action