The Inside Story on Teen Girls
For individuals in the U.S. & U.S. territories
The Inside Story on Teen Girls reveals expert answers to real questions asked by parents and teen girls. Readers will find the wonderful collection of questions and answers to be like having a personal confidant or private therapist who they can ask anything and everything they have ever wanted to know about being a teenager or being a parent.
In separate sections, parents and teen girls will find useful tips and practical suggestions for better communication and greater understanding of each other, plus ways to reconnect with other family members and strengthen their sense of self. But mostly, parents and teen girls will learn ways to value and appreciate this exceptional and exciting phase everyone goes through to grow up.
The Inside Story on Teen Girls grew out of a survey of parents and teens with diverse backgrounds across the country. The result is this book that directly helps teen girls and their parents, and it might just help you!
About the Authors
- Why is She So Difficult to Deal With? Understanding and Communicating With Adolescent Girls
- Why Can't She Ever Think For Herself? Adolescent Girls and Their Peer Group
- Will I Ever Stop Worrying About Her? The Vulnerabilities of Adolescent Girls
- How Can I Help Her Feel Good About Herself? Building Strength and Resiliency in Adolescent Girls
- How Will She Ever Become an Independent Woman? Helping Adolescent Girls Prepare For The Future
For Teen Girls
About the Authors
- Who Am I? And Why Do I Feel This Way?
- What's Happening to My Body?
- Girlfriends and Boyfriends—Why Is It All So Complicated?
- Guys, Love, and Sex—How Do I Decide What to Do?
- School, School, School—Why Is There Always a Problem?
- How Do I Find the Time to Do It All?
- Are All Families This Difficult to Live With?
- Eating Disorders, Anxiety, Depression: How Can I Tell If I'm Really in Trouble?
- Drugs and Alcohol: How Can I Not Be Tempted?
- What Will My Future Be Like?
- Why Is It So Hard to "Fit In"?
- My Parents Just Don't Listen. How Can I Talk To Them?
—Dr. Mary Pipher, author of Reviving Ophelia and The Middle of Everywhere