The SES Indicator
January 2017 |Vol. 10, No. 1
In This Issue
- Message from the managing editor
Office on Socioeconomic Status celebrates its 10th anniversary.
By Maha Khalid
- APA Congressional Briefing on the Psychology of Poverty
The psychology of poverty: How scarce resources affect our behaviors and decisions, and what we can do about it.
By Ramani Durvasula, PhD, Eldar Shafir, PhD, David Yokum, PhD, and Chye-Ching Huang
SES@APA features some of the latest APA peer-reviewed research articles related to socioeconomic status.
- Welcome to the new members of the Committee on Socioeconomic Status (CSES)
Congratulations to the new 2017 CSES members.
- CSES Leadership Awards
Nominate yourself or a colleague to recognize contributions made to the understanding of SES and the lives and well-being of the poor.
- Call for nominations for CSES
CSES anticipates two membership vacancies and seeks qualified candidates to serve three-year terms starting January 2018.
- Join the SES Network email list
Receive and share information related to socioeconomic status.
Psychology Benefits Society
- For richer or poorer: What works to reduce poverty in America?
What do we know about programs that effectively alleviate poverty?
- Five ways to teach your students about world poverty
Here is a list of resources and activities which can help raise awareness.
- How can we help survivors of domestic violence struggling with homelessness?
Many survivors of domestic violence are put on a slippery slope to homelessness.