The SES Indicator
July 2018 |Vol. 11, No. 2
- Editor’s column
SES @ APA2018: SES-related events at this year’s convention.
By Lauren Montgomery
- APA2018 SES Highlights Booklet
SES-related programming at APA2018.
- 2018 CSES Leadership Award recipients
At APA2018, CSES recognizes the achievements of those who have made significant contributions to the understanding of SES and the lives and well-being of people who are economically disadvantaged.
- Committee on Socioeconomic Status (CSES) sponsored APA2018 programming
Programming from CSES members Darren R. Bernal, PhD, Ryan M. Pickering, PhD, and Wendy R. Williams, PhD.
- Resources for the Inclusion of Social Class in Psychology Curricula
Originally published in 2008, the updated Resources provides new tools for educators teaching social class.
In This Issue
- Government Relations Policy Corner
2018 has been challenging for poverty alleviation and safety net programs, with recurring attempts to impose harmful work requirements.
By Gabriel Twose
SES@APA features some of the latest APA peer-reviewed research articles related to socioeconomic status.
- Psychology benefits society
Check out the latest SES-related posts on APA’s Psychology Benefits Society blog.
- I Am Psyched! for Economic and Social Justice for Women in the Service Sector
Event highlighting the application of psychological science to advocacy efforts in support of women who work for low-wages or on contingency in the age of #MeToo and #TimesUp.
- Call for nominations for the APA 2019 Presidential Deep Poverty Initiative Working Group
Moving beyond understanding causes and consequences of poverty, toward using psychological science as a catalyst.
- Call for nominations for the CSES
CSES anticipates two membership vacancies and seeks qualified candidates to serve three-year terms starting January 2019.
- Office on Socioeconomic Status (OSES) interns
Welcoming OSES’s new summer intern.
- Join the SES Network email list
Receive and share information related to socioeconomic status.