APA Health Equity Ambassadors Program
The Health Equity Ambassadors Program provides information and training on health equity concerns to graduate students, masters and doctoral-level psychologists and other professionals in social and behavioral disciplines. Persons interested in becoming an ambassador should have a genuine commitment to learning more about health disparities and best practices to improve health equity.
Become an ambassador: To apply and for additional information, contact Patty DiSandro.
Benefits for Ambassadors
- Education and training on health disparity and health equity issues and their impact on individuals, families and communities.
- Information and resources on effective dissemination strategies.
- Access to a national network of health equity ambassadors.
- Opportunities to receive support and assistance in disseminating health disparity information within one's community and professional networks.
Requirements for Health Equity Ambassadors
- Completion of required core training events via webinar and online training courses on three topics: health equity primer; dissemination strategies and one ambassador-selected health topic; such as smoking in health priority populations or disparities in boys and men of color.
- Completion of all training related evaluations.
- Participation in information sharing and occasional online dialogue via the ambassadors email list.