In This Issue
- A brief overview of US immigration laws affecting children, youth and families
US immigration policies and policy initiatives relevant to children, youth and families.
By Jessica Chicco
- The effects of parental undocumented status on families and children
Influence of parental undocumented status on the development of U.S.-born children in mixed-status families.
By Cecilia Menjívar and Andrea Gómez Cervantes
- Understanding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) impact on young adults’ well-being
Findings from the national UnDACAmented Research Project.
By Roberto G. Gonzales and Sarah A. Rendon-Garcia
- Disrupting young lives: How detention and deportation affect US-born children of immigrants
Research on the impact of parental detention and deportation on U.S-born children.
By Luis H. Zayas and Laurie Cook Heffron, PhD
- Behavioral health of unaccompanied migrant youth: An unmet need
The Migrant Clinicians Network bridge case-management program.
By Ed Zuroweste, MD, Deliana Garcia, MA, and Claire Hutkins Seda
The Director’s Corner
- Immigration and its effect on children and families
APA offers resources on immigration.
By Lauren Caldwell, JD, PhD