In This Issue
- Promoting culturally affirming parenting in African-American parents
Positive parenting in African-American families.
By Anita Thomas, PhD
- Reaching out to all faiths and families to reduce corporal punishment
How religion relates to corporal punishment.
By Annette Mahoney, PhD
- Immigrant families and corporal punishment: “We want something better for our children”
How to engage in culturally informed and supportive practices with immigrant families.
By Lisa A. Fontes, PhD
CYF Advocacy Update
- Organizing — and reorganizing — during a chaotic time for federal policy
American Health Care Act, Affordable Care Act and APA’s Federal Action Network.
By Micah A. Haskell-Hoehl
A Historian’s Perspective
- Corporal punishment in black communities: Not an intrinsic cultural tradition but racial trauma
Insights into the historical roots of African parenting.
By Stacey Patton, PhD