In this issue
- Exploring Careers in Aging: An Educational Roadmap for Every Step of the Way
New resource provides guidance to undergraduate and graduate students.
- The APA Committee on Aging (CONA) welcomes new members
Norman Abeles, PhD, and William Haley, PhD, joined CONA in January.
- CONA spring 2018 meeting
CONA’s agenda spanned education, science, policy and practice.
- Aging at the 2018 APA Annual Convention
A wide range of programming on aging will be offered in San Francisco.
- Building competence in professional geropsychology
New recommendations published.
By Gregory A. Hinrichsen, PhD, ABPP
- Aging policy update
The Public Interest Government Relations Office advocates for essential aging services.
By Serena Dávila, JD
- Office on Aging upcoming events
Aging research, multicultural aging and workforce issues are highlighted.
- New resources available
Take a look at new and useful resources.
- In the News
A summary of recent stories in the APA Monitor and press releases spotlighting aging
- “Aging” at APA: APA entities with a focus on aging
Together we work to infuse aging on APA’s agenda and psychology on the national efforts.
- Join the Psychology and Aging Network and call for nominations
Seeking experts on aging issues to join the Committee on Aging and more psychologists for the Office on Aging listserv.