Aging Issues Newsletter
In This Issue
- Barry Edelstein, PhD, is recipient of 2017 Award for the Advancement of Psychology and Aging
Award recognizes Edelstein’s extraordinary contributions to education, practice, scholarship, public interest and public policy in geropsychology.
- Days of future past: 2017 Committee on Aging Conversation Hour
Luminaries of psychology and aging lead discussion on achievements and remaining challenges.
- Fall 2017 Committee on Aging (CONA) meeting report
CONA moves forward on projects to prime the psychology and aging pipeline.
- Opportunities for involvement in APA
Options include student internships in Office on Aging and service on Public Interest committees.
- Aging policy update
Public Interest Government Relations Office continues its advocacy efforts for aging community.
By Serena Dávila, JD
- APA resources on aging issues
New continuing education on capacity assessment, Spanish language brochures, blogs, books and free viewing of 2017 convention symposia available.
- In the news
A summary of recent stories in the APA Monitor and APA press releases.
- “Aging” at APA: APA entities with a focus on aging
Working together to bring psychology and aging to forefront of APA and national efforts.