In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- June is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month: APA has been a leader in working to improve the health and well-being of LGBT people
APA’s work to advance a scientific understanding of sexual orientation and gender diversity and to advance and protect LGBT rights began six decades ago.
- National HIV Testing Day is June 27
Get educated. Take the test.
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on June 15
This year World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is “Understand and End Financial Abuse of Older People: A Human Rights Issue.”
Did You Know?
- Children’s mental health is important
Children’s mental and physical health interact in complex ways that affect their success in school, at work and in society.
- June update for the advocacy efforts of the Public Interest Government Relations Office (PI-GRO)
In the last month, PI-GRO staff advocated on behalf of federal budget funding, women’s access to health care, and thorough survey data collection.