In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns Office has been renamed the Office on Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity
The new name reflects an increasingly diverse understanding of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- March 10 marked the annual observance of National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
Raising awareness of how women and girls can protect themselves and their partners from HIV.
- PSI Announcement Flyer (PDF, 209KB)
PSI will take place in Washington, D.C., on July 9-15, 2017.
Did You Know?
- An estimated 16–17 million children live in homes where they are at risk of going hungry
Tips for acting boldly to change diet and exercise for kids.
- The Public Interest Government Relations Office actively engages in shaping federal policy to promote psychology in the public interest
The fight to preserve transgender rights, protect respite care and maintain access to the Title X Family Planning Program.