A publication of the Office of International Affairs
June 2017 |Vol. 28, No. 2 Download Issue (PDF, 2.3MB)
In This Issue
- Committee on International Relations in Psychology: APA convention programming
125th convention program highlights with an international focus.
- APA 2017 international awards
APA recognizes international award recipients.
Senior Director’s Column
Psychology in Action
- Everything you ever wanted to know about shyness in an international context
A discussion on shyness and its cultural explanations.
By Bernardo J. Carducci, PhD
- The March for Science, the human right to science and the benefits of psychological science
APA team at UN discusses the international implications of the March for Science.
By Neal S. Rubin, PhD, and Kirsty E. Bortnik, PhD
PsycCritiques Book Review
- Fighting for respect: Midwives and the medicalization of childbirth in Guatemala (PDF, 82KB)
A review of “Midwives and Mothers: The Medicalization of Childbirth on a Guatemalan Plantation,” by Sheila Cosminsky.