Psychology Help Center
Before the flood
Strengthening your emotional well-being to cope with flood-related fears.
Prepare now for a disaster
September is National Preparedness Month and it’s a good time to think of how you can successfully prepare for hurricanes and other natural disasters. It’s human nature to think the odds are in our favor and disaster won’t strike us. The reality is that at some point we all face some type of emergency for which a little advance planning can be enormously helpful. Disasters may be out of our control, but each of us does have control over our preparations and responses. Being prepared can provide a sense of control about your ability to manage the unexpected.
Hurricanes and tornadoes
- Tornadoes, hurricanes and children
- How to emotionally prepare for a hurricane
- Managing traumatic stress: After a hurricane
- Managing traumatic stress: After a tornado
- Strengthening your emotional well-being ahead of a flood
- Manage flood-related distress by building resilience