Psychology Help Center
Holiday stress resource center
What you can do to avoid or minimize holiday stress inducers.
Whether you are hosting out of town guests or budgeting for gifts, the holiday season can be particularly stressful for some. This time of year can bring an increase of stress and sense of family responsibility. It is important to remember that the holiday season is also an opportunity to enhance your psychological well-being. The APA Help Center provides tips and strategies for managing stress and making the most of the holiday season.
Tips for managing holiday stress
- Making your New Year's resolution stick
- Managing stress for a healthy family
- How psychologists help with anxiety
The holidays and finances
- Talking to your children about the economy
- Managing your stress in tough economic times
- Willpower, finances and spending