Committee on Associate and Baccalaureate Education
There shall be an American Psychological Association Committee on Associate and Baccalaureate Education whose mission shall be to:
- Represent psychology faculty teaching at undergraduate institutions.
- Promote within all undergraduate institutions the highest professional standards for teaching of psychology as a scientific discipline with applications to a wide range of human concerns.
- Develop leadership qualities among psychology faculty at undergraduate institutions and increase their participation and representation in psychology organizations.
- Establish and maintain communication with all groups involved in the teaching of psychology and with the greater psychological community.
- Encourage scholarship on teaching and learning at all undergraduate institutions for the purpose of giving students the best possible educational opportunities.
CABE will consist of eight members: four members who will represent psychology faculty at 2-year colleges offering the associate degree, and four members who will represent psychology faculty whose primary teaching responsibility is undergraduate coursework at colleges or universities offering the baccalaureate degree.
- Martha Boenau, MS (email)
- Robin Hailstorks, PhD (email)
- 2017 Co-chair: Jason R. Young, PhD (2015-17)
2017 Co-chair: Salvador Macias III, PhD (2016-18)
Kimberly Coffman, PhD (2016-18)
Regan A. R. Gurung, PhD (2015-17)
Aaron Richmond, PhD (2017-19)
Jaclyn Ronquillo-Adachi, PhD (2017-19)
Jennifer Thompson, PhD (2016-18)
Katherine Wickes, PhD (2017-19)