Psychology Teacher Network
A publication of the Education Directorate
February 2018 |Vol. 28, No. 1
In this Issue
- Research assistants (RAs) can experience harm: Here’s how your teaching can help them
Learn more about RA risks, ethics and harm prevention.
By Karen Z. Naufel, PhD
- Resources for teaching about prejudice and discrimination
Award-winning site features activities and videos for teaching about prejudice and discrimination.
By Mary E. Kite, PhD, and Shawnna Walser, MA
- New workforce and education data tools available from the APA Center for Workforce Studies
Interactive data tools provide answers to psychology workforce and education questions.
By Karen Stamm, PhD
- New APA report analyzes psychology faculty salaries at four-year colleges and universities
The APA Center for Workforce Studies report highlights the salaries for full-time psychology faculty employed at U.S. academic institutions.
By Peggy Christidis, PhD
- What high school psychology students told us about the future of healthy aging
Interviews with the winners of the 2017 APA Committee of Teachers of Psychology in Secondary Schools Essay Competition.
News from TOPSS and CABE
- American Psychological Foundation (APF) Professional Development Awards for High School Psychology Teachers
Up to $500 to help high school psychology teachers travel to and attend the APA Annual Convention. Deadline: April 15, 2018.
- APF High School Psychology Outreach Grants
These grants support innovative programs for teachers and students, including regional teaching networks. Deadline: April 15, 2018.
- Participate in the 2018 TOPSS Video Competition
High school students are invited to submit a video on how psychology benefits society. Deadline: April 15, 2018.
- Academic caring of adolescents
Learn how to demonstrate care to your students by providing the best research-based instructional strategies.
- Summer programs for students
Check out these research and internship opportunities for students.
By Prairie Fiebel
- The power in you makes a difference
Help support the future of psychology and encourage students and colleagues to be a part of APA.
- Participate in the 2018 Brain Awareness Video Contest
Encourage your students to show off their creative skills.
- Can you travel this year? Consider a regional or national meeting in 2018
Teachers, this is a great opportunity.
- Eastern Teaching of Psychology Conference
Join your colleagues at ETOP in historic Staunton, Virginia, on June 22-23, 2018.
- Council on Undergraduate Research Conference on "Creating Collaborative Connections in and through Undergraduate Research”
The 18th National Biennial Conference will be held in Arlington, Virginia, on July 1-3, 2018.