Psychology Student Network
A publication of the Education Directorate
January 2017 |Vol. 5, No. 1
In This Issue
- How to capture high-impact references
Tips on getting great letters of recommendation.
By Jane S. Halonen, PhD
- Should I be networking? Exploring the importance of networking for students
Opportunity knocks through relationship building.
By Jennifer Bonds-Raacke, PhD, John Raacke, PhD, and Samantha Elliott
- Animal studies in psychology
Animal research: Serving a vital role in psychological science.
By John Capitanio, PhD
- Research careers with a bachelor’s degree in psychology
Academic research opportunities for psychology majors.
By Salene M. W. Jones, PhD
- Master’s careers in psychology
Is graduate school in your future?
By Daniel S. Michalski, PhD
- Roadmap to graduate school: Planning your route
Next stop: Graduate school.
From the Psychology Honor Societies
- News from Psi Chi, the international honor society in psychology
Psi Chi shares news about travel to Cuba, scholarships and plans for 2017.
By Martha S. Zlokovich, PhD
- Programming for students at the 2017 regional meetings
Psi Beta invites you to programs of the Western and the Southwestern Psychological Associations.
By Jerry Rudmann, PhD
- Review of 'Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging'
A compelling case about the value of close-knit communities.
- Internship opportunities at APA Central Office
Academic credit + workplace skills = goals.
Mark Your Calendar
- 2017 APA Annual Convention
Make plans now to join us in Washington, D.C., Aug. 3-6, 2017.