Call for CE Workshop Proposals for the 2018 Convention
Deadline: Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017, 5 p.m. ET.
The APA Continuing Education Committee (CEC) is accepting workshop proposals that represent the lifelong learning needs of the APA membership for the APA convention in San Francisco, Aug. 9–12, 2018. During each convention, the APA CEC and the Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP) offer approximately 70 workshops—half-day (4 hours) and full-day (7 hours)—on a range of topics (addictive behaviors, bipolar disorders, depression, disabilities, ethics, and psychotherapy treatment, among many others). Submit a continuing education (CE) workshop proposal and share your expertise with colleagues at this event.
CEC seeks proposals that:
- Are new and innovative and represent the lifelong learning needs of the APA membership.
- Are relevant to psychological practice, education and science.
- Enable psychologists to keep pace with emerging issues and technologies.
- Allow psychologists to maintain, develop and increase competencies in order to improve services to the public and enhance contributions to the profession.
Standards and Criteria for Approval of Sponsors of Continuing Education for Psychologists (August 2015). (PDF, 261KB)
The CEC is committed to gender and ethnic diversity representation among workshop presenters and all proposals should address these issues in the content and format of the workshop.
The proposal process is a competitive one; we receive an average of 250 proposals each year for 70 spaces. You must demonstrate in the proposal that your workshop meets the definition of "CE in psychology" and meets the Standards and Criteria for Approval of Sponsors of Continuing Education for Psychologists (August 2015). The workshop proposal form provides detailed information on how to meet the Standards and Criteria.
To assist you with the proposal process, view a copy of the CE Workshop Proposal Form (PDF, 491KB).
Why should you apply?
As a presenter, you have the opportunity to:
- Join a select group of professionals and share your knowledge with fellow psychologists from around the world.
- Enhance your professional presentations skills.
- Broaden your professional network.
- Attend one complimentary CE workshop.
- Receive an honorarium of $175 per instructional hour, per workshop (i.e., $700 for a half-day workshop and $1,225 for a full-day workshop).
Accepted workshop proposals will be scheduled during the four days of convention — Thursday, Aug. 9, through Sunday, Aug. 12, 2018. Presenters must be available to present their workshop on any given day.
The 2018 CE Workshop Proposal form is now open. All proposals must be submitted through the online convention programming system. Online instructions are provided to guide you through the process. The proposal does not have to be completed in one sitting, i.e., you may start, save and return to it at a later time.
Important: By design, if you stay on the proposal screen for more than 30 minutes without interacting with the web server the system will time out and all unsaved work will be lost. So, remember to save your work as you are creating your proposal.
Before final submission, review your proposal thoroughly. Once submitted, your proposal is final. Upon successful submission, a screen appears acknowledging your submission and providing you with a proposal ID. Print that screen and save the proposal ID for future reference. Internet forces beyond our control can adversely affect the submission process, so if you do not receive a proposal ID at the end of your submission, please retry.
Note: Some APA divisions offer preconvention CE workshops. These divisional workshops are separate from the CE workshops offered by the CEP Office and the CEC.
Deadline: Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017 at 5 p.m. ET.
The CE Workshop Proposal deadline falls earlier than the deadline for convention program proposals submitted to APA divisions. The CEC makes its workshop selections by mid-January.
If you have any questions regarding the workshop proposal submission process, contact Cristina Millett.
- Submission Deadline: Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017, 5 p.m. ET
- Submit a CE Workshop Proposal