Center for Learning and Career Development
The APA Center for Learning and Career Development (CLCD) is dedicated to the lifelong learning and career development of psychologists. Its mission is to facilitate the ongoing education and training of psychologists to promote professional excellence, advancement and leadership competencies for psychologists in all areas of the discipline.
Areas of Emphasis
By providing an integrated, accessible and visible source for new and existing educational materials, the CLCD adds further value to membership. Our resources and activities include print and digital media, webinars, institutes, learning communities, mentoring networks and online courses.
- Managing student debt
- Career development and advancement
- Non-traditional careers for psychologists
- Advanced statistics courses for researchers
- Navigating the internship and licensure process
- Explorations of the latest research and its application in practice settings (health, industrial/organizational, consulting, education)
- Using technology in health practice (apps, telemedicine, etc.)