Beth Rom Rymer Scholarships
The Beth N. Rom-Rymer Scholarships provide support to both graduate students and practicing, licensed psychologists to complete their training in psychopharmacology programs, which adhere to the APA model curriculum of didactic training in clinical psychopharmacology.
The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage talented psychologists, with recognized leadership skills, and with demonstrated passion for growing the field, to become prescribing psychologists, engaged in providing the highest caliber, comprehensive, integrated care to the most at-risk members of the community.
Preference will be given to those applicants who are committed to working with the underserved.
Approximately half of the scholarships are intended for predoctoral graduate students, and approximately half for practicing, licensed psychologists at all career levels.
- For predoctoral candidates, proven academic excellence in course work.
For all candidates:
- Evidence of leadership skills.
- Demonstrated commitment for growing the field.
- Demonstrated focus on providing care to the most at-risk members of the community.
- Evidence of ability to provide high caliber care.
Applicants must be graduate students or practicing, licensed psychologists with evidence of having enrolled in a training program in clinical psychopharmacology, which adheres to the APA model curriculum of didactic training in clinical psychopharmacology.
Please include the following:
- Self-statement of how candidate fulfills the purpose of the scholarships (no more than 5 pages, 1-inch margins, no smaller than 11-point font).
- Academic transcript for those who are predoctoral (unofficial transcripts are accepted).
- Current abbreviated CV (10 pages max).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation supporting candidate’s qualifications with reference to the purpose of the scholarship.
APF welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds with respect to age, race, color, religion, creed, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender, geography or training background. The Beth N. Rom-Rymer Scholarships are open to applicants of all career stages: mid- and senior-level psychologists, as well as graduate students, and early career psychologists, including those who entered psychology later in life. All are encouraged to apply.