APF National Register Internship Partnership Fund
The APF/National Register Internship Partnership Fund provides grants to internship programs accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) or the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) to increase the number of internship slots. Funding is for a single year, although programs are eligible to reapply for a second year. Programs will be expected to match the APF funding and to articulate a plan to perpetuate the slot in subsequent years.
- Three grants of up to $15,000 each are available.
- Funding must be used to support new internship slots. Programs may apply for only one grant per year.
- Programs may use grant monies for direct administrative costs, e.g., stipend, benefits, etc., of the internship slot. APF does not allow institutional or overhead costs to institutions.
- Preference will be given for service to traditionally under-served populations and for training in integrated care.
Applications will be evaluated on:
- Necessity of funding.
- Plan for securing matching funds.
- Plan for continuing the slot in future years.
- Provision of service to traditionally underserved populations and training in integrated care.
- Be operated by a nonprofit entity.
- Be eligible to receive non-appropriated funding
- Be accredited by the American Psychological Association's (APA) Commission on Accreditation (COA) or the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA).
- Create a new internship slot with APF funds.
Preference will be given for service to traditionally under-served populations and for training in integrated care.
Please include the following information in your application:
- Description of internship program including how the program fulfills the eligibility requirements (500 words max).
- Demonstrate the need for APF funds, including the number of applications received and the number of slots offered in each of the last three years (500 words max).
- Describe how matching/additional funds will be obtained to fund the new slot (250 words max).
- Detailed budget showing the cost breakdown for the internship slot, and how APF funding will be used.
Interested parties may apply online.
- Agnesian HealthCare
- National Psychology Training Consortium
- Children's Hospital Colorado
- University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Internship Training in Clinical Psychology