Resources for Students
APA Style® Resources
Visit the APA Style website for free online tutorials, the APA Style Blog, the 6th Edition of the APA Publication Manual and more.
APA Style CENTRAL®
An online application, available to institutional subscribers, which offers a suite of integrated services and tools designed to help students learn and apply APA Style®.
Applying to Graduate School
Choosing the Right Fit
Evaluate which schools will provide the best graduate training experience to suite your personal and professional needs.
- Watch our workshop "Finding and Affording the Right Graduate Program for You" or check out just the slides (PDF, 2MB), or the slides and transcript (PDF, 1MB).
- Follow our roadmap infographic (PDF, 302KB) to choose the right program.
- Use our smart shopping worksheet (PDF, 152KB) to organize your research and compare programs.
Find specific information about certain programs, based on frequent requests from our members:
- For industrial-organizational applicants.
- For forensic and legal applicants.
- For sport psychology applicants. See why sport psychology is a hot career.
More resources for undergraduates thinking about grad school are available from the Psychology Student Newsletter.
Affording and Repaying Graduate School
- Become a campus representatives today through the APAGS Advocacy Coordinating Team and help bring your voice to bear on the important issues affecting our discipline and the public health through education, training and advocacy.
- Subscribe to the APA Federal Action Alert System so you can stay up to date with issues that APA asks its members to take a stand on.
- View our toolkit to learn about legislative issues affecting students and the field; how to develop your skills and competencies as an advocate; and other ways you can get involved.
Join the leaders in our field at the premier conference for psychologists. APAGS hosts a number of substantive programs and social activities geared specifically toward graduate students in psychology. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to network with other psychologists and psychologists-in-training and to learn about emerging issues in psychology.
A blog for all psychology students — APAGS has launched a new blog which seeks to connect psychology graduate students and focus on issues of importance to APAGS members. The blog features many stories written for and by students. Posts range from the lighthearted, such as how to cope with Voledmort as your advisor, to the more challenging, such as how to deal with real-life setbacks. So check us out, leave a comment, share an article and if you have something important to share, please sign up to be a guest contributor.
With the latest addition of a Twitter site to its veritable list of popular two-way networking platforms, APAGS is making connections with graduate students and getting its message to the masses.