News for leaders of APA divisions from Division Services
September 2017 |Vol. 17, No. 5
For Division Leaders
From APA Publishing: Journals
- So you need to find a new editor: Guidelines for an effective search
As part of an ongoing series, APA Journals staff offer some tips related to journal publishing.
By Sarah Wiederkehr
Share With Your Members
- Renew your membership today
If you haven't done so already, renew your membership for access to new benefits from professional development tools to the latest information in your subfield.
- 2017 division award winners
The following division awards were presented during APA’s 2017 Annual Convention in Washington, D.C., Aug. 3-6.
- 2017 APA initial and current fellows, approved August 2017
Congratulations to APA’s newly elected fellows.
- 2017 Division and State, Provincial and Territorial Associations (SPTA) election results
Divisions and SPTAs elected new officers and council representatives to serve in 2018.
- Minnesota Psychological Association’s (MPA) Ninth Annual Rural Behavioral Health Practice Conference
MPA, in partnership with the APA Committee on Rural Health and others, will host the “Clinical Resources for Rural Practice” themed conference on Oct. 6, 2017.
- Call for comments: Proposed Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Girls and Women
The deadline is Oct. 21, 2017.
- Call for submissions: APA’s Technology, Mind and Society Conference
Scientists, practitioners, policymakers and students from around the world are invited to participate in the event being held in Washington, D.C., on April 5-7, 2018.
Call for Nominations/Awards
From APA Directorates
- APA directorate updates
These updates are provided as possible content for sharing in division newsletters, websites, mailing lists, social networking, etc.
The Next Dialogue
The next issue of Division Dialogue will be distributed on Nov. 9, 2017. To submit content pertinent to divisions and division leaders, email Keith Cooke by Oct. 20, 2017. See our instructions for more information.