News for leaders of APA divisions from Division Services
March 2018 |Vol. 18, No. 2
For Division Leaders
- Musings of Division Leadership Conference 2018: An opportunity to collaborate, connect, cultivate and celebrate
Division presidents-elect assembled in Washington, D.C., to network with APA leadership and peers and celebrate election to division presidency.
By Olivia Scott
- Interdivisional Grant Program
The program supports joint activities that enhance the work, interests or goals of two or more divisions. Deadline for submissions is Sept. 1, 2018.
- Membership matters: Recruitment
Break your recruitment initiatives into three areas: list, message and offer.
By Paula Aviles
- Multicultural Guidelines: An Ecological Approach to Context, Identity, and Intersectionality, 2017
Adopted by the APA Council of Representatives in August 2017.
From APA Publishing
- Peer review ethics: Six things every author should know
Here are a few key points to avoiding potential stumbling blocks of scholarly publishing.
By Cheryl Johnson, Jenna Vaccaro, and Steve Barnold
Share With Your Members
- 2017 apportionment ballot and 2017 bylaws amendment
In summary, in the 2017 apportionment ballot election, Divs. 7, 8, 17, 38, 54 and the Virgin Islands picked up a seat. Divs. 25, 39, 43 and 48 lost a seat, and Div. 42 lost two seats. In addition, members voted on three bylaws amendments.
- New workforce and education data tools available from the APA Center for Workforce Studies
This interactive site provides visualizations of data about psychology degrees and employment characteristics.
By Karen Stamm, PhD
- Call for papers: Responding to the Opioid Crisis
The Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology is assembling a special issue on the opioid crisis to facilitate effective responding within the field of clinical psychology to the rapidly emerging challenges of this crisis.
Div. 19 invites psychologists to join discussion listserv.
Call for Nominations/Awards
- Nominations for Presidential Citation as an APA Citizen Psychologist™
The 2018 APA Presidential Initiative of Jessica Henderson Daniel, PhD, will educate the public about how psychology contributes to the formulation and implementation of policies that improve our communities.
- Committee on Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity Outstanding Achievement Award
The Committee on Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity (CSOGD) of APA annually presents one or two Outstanding Achievement Awards to recognize psychologists for significant contributions to the mission of CSOGD.
- Committee on Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity
The Committee on Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity seeks nominations for two positions beginning Jan. 1, 2019.
- APA’s Minority Fellowship Program invites applications for 2018 Psychology Summer Institute.
This is for any advanced psychology doctoral students who have or will have successfully proposed a dissertation before the application deadline and psychologists who are in the early stage of their careers.
- American Psychological Foundation
Learn about upcoming funding opportunities from the American Psychological Foundation.
From APA Directorates
- APA directorate updates
These updates are provided as possible content for sharing in division newsletters, websites, mailing lists, social networking, etc.
The Next Dialogue
The next issue of Division Dialogue will be published May 10, 2018. To submit content pertinent to divisions and division leaders, email Keith Cooke by April 20, 2018. See our instructions for more information.