News for leaders of APA divisions from Division Services
May 2018 |Vol. 18, No. 3
For Division Leaders
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and APA divisions: The road to compliance
Like many U.S. organizations and companies, APA is reinforcing its data security protocols in preparation for GDPR.
By Olivia Scott
- Membership matters: Joining and new member orientation
In the last issue, we discussed member recruitment. Now we’ll dive deeper into the joining and new member orientation process.
By Paula Aviles
- Division profiles for 2017 are posted
The APA Center for Workforce Studies has prepared demographic profiles for each division.
- Interdivisional Grant Program
The program supports joint activities that enhance the work, interests or goals of two or more divisions. Deadline for submissions is Sept. 1, 2018.
- Be alert to email scams
Learn more about email scams targeting APA divisions and how you can avoid them.
From APA Publishing
- What are APA Style Journal Article Reporting Standards?
APA Journals staff offer insights on understanding and using the recently updated journal article reporting standards.
By Barbara Ungiert
Share With Your Members
- Registration now open for APA 2018
Join us at APA 2018, Aug. 9-12, 2018 in San Francisco. Enjoy four days of learning, innovation and community. As the premier annual event for psychology, APA 2018 is an experience you won’t want to miss.
- Attend preconvention CE workshops at APA Annual Convention
Div. 12 (Society of Clinical Psychology) will offer two preconvention CE Workshops (001 and 004) in collaboration between the APA Office of Continuing Education in Psychology. Enrollment now open.
- Div. 51 has changed its name
Meet the new Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinities.
- Apply now to join APA in Cuba
The APA International Learning Partner Program offers unique international experiences in psychology with emphasis on practice, education, training, research and policy. Apply now — early bird deadline is May 31.
Call for Nominations/Awards
- Nominations for Presidential Citation as an APA Citizen Psychologist™
The 2018 APA Presidential Initiative of Jessica Henderson Daniel, PhD, will educate the public about how psychology contributes to the formulation and implementation of policies that improve our communities.
- APA Continuing Education Committee (CEC) call for nominations 2019
On behalf of CEC, the APA Office of CE Sponsor Approval is delighted to share with you the CEC’s call for nominations 2019.
- Call for Nomination to the Committee on Aging
The deadline is Aug. 27, 2018.
- Distinguished Contributions to the Advancement of Disability Issues in Psychology Award
This award recognizes an APA member who has made a significant contribution to people with disabilities.
- Committee on Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity (CSOGD)
CSOGD seeks nominations for two positions beginning Jan. 1, 2019. Nominations are due by Aug. 31, 2018.
- American Psychological Foundation
Learn about upcoming funding opportunities from the American Psychological Foundation.
From APA Directorates
- APA directorate updates
These updates are provided as possible content for sharing in division newsletters, websites, mailing lists, social networking, etc.