About Division Digest
Division Digest is the news source for leaders of the divisions of the American Psychological Association. It replaces the Division Dialogue newsletter as of June 2018. The Division Services Office staff emails the issues every other Wednesday and invites you to submit items by 5 p.m. the Monday before each issue, at the latest. We encourage the use of the Digest instead of our Listserv as much as possible.
Each issue is emailed to elected officers (president, president-elect, past president, secretary, treasurer, members-at-large and council representatives), membership chairs, newsletter editors, administrative officers and executive directors as well as APA staff who have information to share with divisions. To be added to the distribution list, email Keith Cooke.
Issues include the following types of items:
- Feature articles: planning for convention, working with APA offices.
- Division leader resources: meet APA staff, legal and finance tips, membership matters.
- Share with your members: election results, calls for comments, conferences and events.
- Calls for nominations/awards, including American Psychological Foundation deadlines.
- From APA Directorates: Education, Practice, Public Interest and Science.
- From APA Publishing.
Instructions for Authors
- Please send submissions using our form.
- Keep submissions pertinent to divisions.
- Submit your items by Monday at 5:00 pm for them to be included in the Wednesday issue. See the schedule below.
- Each item should include a title, a brief blurb or description (65 words max), a URL for more information if needed and a contact name and email address.
- Ideally, the full text of your submission will already be posted online and you can supply the URL.
- If it is not possible for you to have your full text online, you may submit a PDF.
- If you would like to prepare an article for Division Services to post as part of its website, please allow extra time and remember that short and sweet (no more than 500 words) will get a greater return on your message.
- Submit your conferences and events for inclusion in the APA Events Calendar (send the information to the division's account liaison) and for listing in the Division Digest.
- If you have questions, contact Keith Cooke in APA Division Services.
2018-2019 Submission & Distribution Schedule
|Submission deadline, 5:00 pm||Distribution date, 10:00 am|
|June 18||June 20|
|July 2||July 4|
|July 16||July 18|
|July 30||Aug. 1|
|Aug. 13||Aug. 15|
|Aug. 27||Aug. 29|
|Sept. 10||Sept. 12|
|Sept. 24||Sept. 26|
|Oct. 8||Oct. 10|
|Oct. 22||Oct. 24|
|Nov. 5||Nov. 7|
|Nov. 19||Nov. 21|
|Dec. 3||Dec. 5|
|Dec. 17||Dec. 19|
|Dec. 31||Jan. 2|
|Jan. 14||Jan. 16|
|Jan. 28||Jan. 30|
|Feb. 11||Feb. 13|
|Feb. 25||Feb. 27|
|Mar. 11||Mar. 13|
|Mar. 25||Mar. 27|
|Apr. 8||Apr. 10|
|Apr. 22||Apr. 24|
|May 6||May 8|
|May 20||May 22|
|June 3||June 5|